Thank you so much to Kelly from Boomdeadda for passing the Lovely Blogger Award on to me and making me feel like a million bucks today! I stumbled upon her blog not long after I started blogging here, and I immediately felt a connection because we both have a house full of very spoiled cats. The more I read her blog, the more I see we have in common.
So here’s the deal on the award. To accept the Lovely Blogger Award you gotta do four things:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to him/her in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire.
4. Leave a comment on each of these blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
I’ve alread done the first item, but I’ll do it again just in case, though. Thank you, Boomdee!
7 Things About Myself
- I drive a minivan. I’ve had it for 9 years, but it still cracks me up to think of myself as a minivan mama.
- I tend to be a bit OCD about crafting. I buy my supplies in bulk because it makes me happy to know that I have 24 rolls of adhesive on hand instead just one. I get catalogs from Uline.
- Ceiling fans with lights give me headaches. I think it’s the strobe effect that the blades create as they pass under the light.
- Several years ago, I had to cut almost all sugar out of my diet because of candida issues. I’m able to tolerate small amounts of sugar right now, but I still have to watch to make sure it doesn’t get out of control again. When I cut the sugar, I lost weight so quickly that some people thought I had an eating disorder. I ate a lot, it was just all healthy food. 🙂 My jeans are starting to fit tight again. I should probably get back to the healthy food.
- This year I’m president of the PTA at my daughter’s school. I think this cracks me up more than the minivan. It’s not a job I feel I’m particularly good at, but there wasn’t anyone else who could take it on at the time. I told myself one year, and then I’m out. I’m four weeks in, but who’s counting? Don’t get me wrong, I love volunteering up at my daughter’s school. I just don’t deal well with being “in charge” or the person who everyone looks to for quick decisions.
- I have phone phobia. Over the years, I’ve gotten over my introverted self enough to be comfortable walking up to someone and introducing myself. But not on the phone. If I don’t know the person I’m calling, I’ll find every excuse to not call them. And let’s not even talk about leaving voice mail. I leave the longest, craziest rambling messages. The more I talk, the more I stumble over my words, with every awkward phrase recorded for ever and ever in the voice mail. Which gets me more flustered, and I stumble over more words. It’s a train wreck. The phone phobia makes the PTA gig even more difficult, as I’m constantly having to call people I don’t know.
- We have three cats at our house, each with a distinct personality. One is a grumpy old man. Another is Mr. Laid Back Young Guy. And then there’s the highstrung little girl kitty with the softest ever but who won’t let anyone but husband pet her.
And, my list of 15 bloggers I admire (in no particular order)
2. Cut Up Craft
5. Idyll Hands
12. Off Square
15. Aunt Peaches
Fourth, you leave a comment on each person’s blog letting them know they’ve received the Lovely Blogger Award. I’ll get that done as soon as I sign off.